Yellow Sapphire – Pukhraj
The Yellow Sapphire is also known as Pukhraj or Yellow Pukhraj in India. People often get confused between Yellow Sapphire and a Golden Topaz (Topaz), but they both are different. In Hindu Astrology, Yellow Sapphire is ruled by the planet Jupiter. As the planet Jupiter signifies wealth, and general prosperity. It also signifies wisdom and spirituality, education, and children. Therefore, wearing a Yellow Sapphire will bring many good things to the wearer which includes, but not limited to, wealth as well as success in marriage and good children.
It has been found that people born with good placement of Jupiter in their birth charts are inclined to have in-depth knowledge of the ancient texts, and scriptures. They are also among those who make good teachers, scholars, and are balanced in their approach in whatever things they do, or take on at workplace. Visiting holy sites, on places wherever they go, is one of the things that attracts them the most. This precious gemstone also helps its wearer to feel relaxed, improves the thought process, and brings the long lasting joy and happiness in life. Wearing a yellow sapphire gemstone also protect its wearer from the yin (negative) energy to affect emotional and mental health, at the same time it also keeps the enemies at bay.
People can wear the Yellow Sapphire, when Jupiter is placed in an auspicious position in the Rashi Chart (Birth Chart), when the Dasha of Jupiter is in effect, and also for fighting diseases of gall bladder, spleen, liver, leprosy, etc. However, it is always suggested to consult a professional astrologer before wearing any gemstone, as they can also give negative effects under different circumstances.
|Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius and Pisces|
|Origin of Finest Quality||Ceylon, Srilanka|
|Minimum Recommended Weight||5.25 Ratti, or 4.77 Carat, or .6405 Gram|
|Wearing Instruction||Studded in Gold, and to be worn in Index Finger|
|Mantra for Energizing the Yellow Sapphire||Om Graam Greem Graum Sah Guruve Namah|
Instructions for Wearing Yellow Sapphire or Yellow Pukhraj:
- Thursday should be chosen for wearing Yellow Sapphire. If time permits, Shukla Paksha (Brighter Half of Moon) is ideal.
- Wash the gemstone with unboiled cow milk, honey, and also gangajal, if available.
- Place the gemstone in front of your Isht Devta or the God you have faith upon.
- Ignite the Dhoopam and Deepam, and offer flowers.
- Chant the Brihaspati (Jupiter) mantra given above (mantra must be chanted at least 108 times), and ask for blessings and fulfillment of desires you have for wearing the gemstone.
- Wear it in the index finger, or as prescribed by your astrologer.
- Time of wearing, ask for Muhurta from your astrologer.
Weight Reference: 1 Ratti = 0.91 Carat, and 1 Ratti = 0.122 Gram.